For most of us, work takes up forty or more hours of our week. That is well over 2,000 hours a year of our life spent doing just one thing. Often, our heart is not into these jobs either. Though we can’t all have a job that we love, not every job has to suck. Here are some crazy jobs you likely wish you had. Feel free to use this list that for inspiration the next time you are having a crappy day at work.
1. Beer Tester: That’s right there are people among us who actually get a regular paycheck for being a beer taste tester. Every batch of beer that is brewed needs to be tested for quality control. The job consists of having several small samples of beers throughout the eight hour work day and not much else. Tasters rate what they’ve tried and provide their feedback for the brew masters in charge.
2. Video Game Designer: Working in the video game industry is a dream-come-true for many. You get to spend your entire week designing, discussing, and playing games. Depending on how successful you are and what company you work for you could also become quite wealthy at it. This is one of the most coveted jobs around. You may not need to be a computer genius either. Graphic designers, artists, and even writers are highly sought after to generate characters and story lines!
3. Professional Surfer: Professional surfers spend their work days at the beach. They get to enjoy the adrenaline rush that a fresh wave can bring, look hot, get a tan, and travel the world. Surfing events take place all over the globe, in some of the most exotic and impressive vacation spots around. Surfers get paid thousands, and sometimes millions, of dollars by sponsors just to travel to exotic locations and do something that they love.
4. Vacation Tour Director: Vacation tour directors have awesome jobs. They get to plan vacations to exotic locales and create a fun and interesting itinerary that will draw people in. Most of the trips are purchased by the guests through an all inclusive package that includes luxury hotel, food, and even transportation. The reason this is so great for the tour director is that they get to go along for the ride. It is their job to show the group of tourists around and make sure everything goes off without a hitch.
5. Forest Fire Lookout: If you are a nature lover who enjoys quiet time, this is a crazy dream job for you. It involves, for the most part sitting in an extremely tall tower inside of a national park and keeping an eye on things. Should a fire breakout, you have to contact the proper authorities and give them the coordinates. What you do the rest of the time is pretty much up to you, as long as you man your post.
6. Product Tester: Many marketing companies hire focus group members to test out products and to give their opinion from anything from clothes, toys, and personal grooming products. You can literally get paid for putting on clothes and giving your opinion on how they feel! Sure beats digging a ditch, right?
Since we spend a huge portion of our lives at work it doesn’t hurt to find something fun and exciting to do with that time. There are thousands of crazy jobs out there, it’s all about figuring out what you love and finding a way to make a living off of it. With a little ambition, you can turn just about anything into a crazy job.