Need to make some cash now? A lot of people are finding themselves under employed, if not completely unemployed, in these tough economic times. If you are in this situation, fear not, there are many different ways to hustle up some cash with a little work, ranging from the mild to the wild. Here are five ways to grab some cash.
1. Donate Plasma: As most people are aware plasma donations are not exactly donations at all. Most plasma centers pay good money in exchange for plasma. In most areas, you can earn over $100 a month just by donating your plasma. Not only are you earning some cash, but you could be saving someone else’s life as well.
2. Collect Cans: I read an article several years ago about a couple who sent their kid to Harvard collecting cans every morning from 4am to 6:30am before the start of class. The price of aluminum changes regularly, and though not an extremely profitable task, collecting cans can earn you some much needed dough. Collect and crush the cans that your family and friends use (you know, the ones they would otherwise recycle). Another good way to get some cans is to spend a day cleaning up your neighborhood. It is amazing how many soda cans you will find on the side of the road. The more cans you find, the more you will make. In addition to making a little money you are doing something good for the environment too!
3. Ebay and Craigslist: Most people can find enough stuff sitting around the house to net a quick $100, if not more. If you don't have a lot lying around, take stuff off of someone else’s hand. Join a free-cycle group, or check Craigslist for free stuff. Many people give away things just to get them out of their way that could be sold. Scoop up all the free deals you can get and then resell them. Register for an account, snap a few pics of those old items collecting dust, and send them off to their new owner!
4. Blog: Writing might not be for everyone, but if you like to share your recommendations and develop a loyal following, you could make some money. All you need is a blog, which are pretty much free nowadays. You can use Tumblr.com, Blogger.com, or Wordpress.com. How do you make money? By adding Google Ads or by becoming an affiliate for sites like Amazon.com!
5. Be a Maid: A very common way for many people to earn cash on their own is by cleaning homes. The startup cost to this sort of business is minimal, and there is always a demand somewhere. Make some flyers, set a price -- $30-$50 is the norm for entry level cleaners -- and put the word out. Good places to drum up business include retirement homes, schools (many full time teachers are willing to pay for this service if the price is right as they usually have families and spend quite a bit of time at work), community bulletin boards, and sites like Craigslist.
6. Mow Lawns: Most likely you have an old lawn mower in the garage. If you are cutting your lawn, why not hit up your neighbors to do theirs as well. If you live in a typical suburban neighborhood, you could have anywhere from 3-6 lawns to cut every month. That could bring in an extra $120 a month or $1440 a year!
7. Walk Dogs: Walking dogs can be a huge business. If you have a little time on your hands walking dogs three to five times a week can bring you as much as $300 a week! Seriously, walking dogs can bring in some major dough – and your neighbors will love you for it!
These are a few creative ways to earn some extra cash quickly and legally. Hundreds of other options are out there if you are willing to invest the time required to seek them out. With a lot of ambition and a little creativity, finding a quick temporary job to bring in some extra cash shouldn’t be a problem at all – even in a tough economy. Now get to work!